The protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of their personal data is taken very seriously by Factory. This information intends to inform you about the manner Factory CRO controls and processes your personal data including the legitimate basis thereof.
We would like to be as transparent as possible regarding the use of your data and your rights related to this. We hope the information provided here answers the queries you may have about your personal data. However, if you need more information, please contact: Dataprivacy@factory-cro.com
Our procedures related to the data handling are developed in line with the requirements set forth in the General Data Protection Regulation and will be periodically assessed for compliancy.
General users including (potential) clients
If you have entered into a contract or have contacted us with the intention to enter into a contract, Factory CRO for Medical Devices will be the controller of your data. If you have entered into a contract with one of our subsidiaries companies, they will be the controller of your data, however the data will also be processed to a general customer relationship management system.
a) What Personal data are we processing and/or controlling?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and when you purchase services or goods from us. The personal data we process may include:
- your name;
- your home or work address, email address and/or phone number;
- your job title; company you work for
- your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details, (if you order something in our webshop)
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- internet browser and operating system;
- and/or any other information you provide (e.g. details listed on a curriculum vitae
b) How do we use this information?
We process the personal data listed above for the following purposes:
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. We require to process this data in order to establish contact with you and are unable to do so without it; for example:
- Enter into an agreement to provide or receive services
- Contacting us via the website contact form
- Contact us via e-mail or by any other contact methods such as phone calls.to monitor use of our websites and online services.
- to comply with applicable law and regulation
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Factory CROs legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes
- Newsletters; we may also send you informative information in relation to our expertise and services. Newsletters will be send where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed). You will be given an opportunity to opt-out at each Newsletter. You will only receive newsletters from Factory CRO for Medical devices or one of our subsidiaries companies.
c) With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries companies to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration and to provide services or products where elements of these are provided by companies other than those with which you have directly contracted. We may also share your personal data with the below third parties, where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with the GDPR.
- Our professional advisors
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors; and/or
- search engine and web analytics
- marketing and communications agencies;In the event that our business or any part of it is integrated or sold with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
- Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
d) How long will we store your personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a customer, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after this, we will store your information for 5/10 years after our last correspondence and in line with our internal policies.
We will retain your data for some time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require Factory CRO for Medical Devices to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
Where you are a prospective customer and contacted us via our website contact form or general e-mail address, we will retain your data until you unsubscribe from our newsletters; you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe at each newsletter.
e) Where is my data stored?
The personal data we collect is stored within the EU. However, since we are an organization that operates globally, the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place. However, the safeguards in third countries may not as stringent as within the EU. Further information can be obtained via Dataprivacy@factory-cro.com
f) What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
Pursuant to the GDPR, we would like to inform you that your rights specified in Chapter III of the GDPR are applicable. An overview of your rights in relation to your personal data is provide below.
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
g) Can I obtain more information about Factory’s data protection procedures related to my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Information, about Factory CRO processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact Factory CRO by using this email address: Dataprivacy@factory-cro.com
Privacy Information specific to Job applicants
a) What information do we collect and process?
We collect and process personal data about you when you apply for a vacancy with us. Personal data we process includes:
- your name, home address, email address and/or phone numbers;
- your date of birth, marital status, nationality
- your educational and employment history;
- other information contained within your CV or other documents or information you submit to us;
- information from the selection process, if any;
- references and assessments relating to your work for previous employers;
- medical and financial information (where you provide this to us);
- information to confirm your identity and right to work, such as a copy of your passport;
- details of any unspent criminal convictions; and
- information relating to your feedback on our organization.
b) What is the source of this information?
We obtain this information directly from you, our personnel, through our systems and equipment, as well as from third parties such as recruitment agencies, background checking companies or former employers. We may also obtain it from your public profiles available online.
c) How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed above for the following purposes only in accordance with our legitimate interests:
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to perform an adequate selection process;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other wrongdoing;
- to establish, exercise our legal rights;
d) With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data for the purposes of intra-group administration. We may also share your personal data with our professional advisors. Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that any part of our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors and those of any prospective purchaser and would be passed to the new owners of the business.
e) How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary to fulfil the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information by law or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
We will keep the personal data connected to your job application (including any interview records) for 1 year from the date of their creation by Factory CRO or receipt from you. If your application is successful further details about the processing of your personal data will be described in you contract.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
A list of all the cookies used on our FACTORY CRO website by category is set out below. Our FACTORY CRO website runs most efficiently with cookies enabled. The cookies used on our FACTORY CRO website cannot harm your computer.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like e-shop, cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how our visitors use our website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our FACTORY CRO website works.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our FACTORY CRO website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to the text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: Targeting/advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Other types of cookie
These cookies are specialist in nature and are for specific use. FACTORY CRO does not use any other types of cookie not falling within one of the categories above.
FACTORY CRO websites are designed to function optimally with cookies enabled. However, if you wish to disable cookies, this can be controlled through your browser settings.
If you do deactivate cookies it may mean some of the website features become disabled. Even with all cookies disabled, a tiny amount of information will continue to be retrieved from your web browser. This information is necessary for the basic functioning of our website.
For instructions on changing your cookie setting, select your browser: